The Kyrgyz State Medical Institute (KSMA) was opened on 1 September 1939 in the city of Bishkek (formerly Frunze), Kyrgyzstan, with the recruitment of 200 students. The establishment of the institute was contributed to by the First Moscow Medical Institute, high medical schools of Saint-Petersburg, Almaty, Tashkent and other medical institutions. They provided expertise and organizational assistance, medical guidelines and training books as well as faculty staff.
More than 12,000 students are studying at the institute, including 1,735 students from countries such as India, Iran, Israel, Kazakhstan, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine, Syria, Turkey, Turkmenistan, the United States, and Uzbekistan.
Instruction is in English and Russian.
All clinical hospitals at the Medical Institute are equipped to train students. In particular, all types of diagnostics, thermovision, angiography, endoscopic technique, treatment by hyperbaric oxygenation, laser therapy, and efferent methods of de-toxication are taught.
Partners of KSMA:
- American International Healthcare Union, USA
- DAAD, Germany
- Martin College, UK
- Moscow Medical University, Russia
- Minnesota University, USA
- University of Nevada, USA
- University of Pirkanma Polytechnic, Finland
- School of Biology, University of Salford, UK
- University of West Florida, USA
- Zurich University, Switzerland