- What is the Eligibility to study M.B.B.S. in Ukraine?
Students who meet ALL the following criteria are eligible to enroll overseas for MBBS course:
- Attained 17 years of age as on December 31 of the year of Admission.
- Passed 10+2 from a recognized Council / Board in India / Abroad.
- Have Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English as subjects in class 11 and in class 12 and passed in each subject, Physics, Chemistry and Biology should have a practical test in each subject.
- Obtain minimum 50% (40% for SC/ST/OBC) in aggregate in PCB combined in 12 Board.
- B.Sc examination of an Indian University, provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc examination with not less than two of the following subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology) and further that he/she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with the following subjects-Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- Any other examination which, in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the intermediate science examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology including practical test in each of these subjects and English.
Note: This is the requirement for Admission as prescribed by MCI which is needed for issue of the MCI eligibility certificate.
- MEDICAL COUNCIL OF INDIA REGISTRATION (MCI) ?
What is MCI’s Certificate of eligibility and how do I get it? How Do I Register as a Doctor in India?
- Medical Council of India (MCI) regulates Doctors in India. All Doctors need to register with MCI.
- Students are eligible to Register with MCI: Students from India are eligible to get eligibility certificate and CAN REGISTER with MCI after their degree from Respective College. They can get Government jobs in India. They can Practice in India & enroll in PG Courses in India â€“ provided they comply with the process as laid down by the MCI.
- Overseas Education World will assist Students in filing for Certificate of Eligibilityfrom MCI.
- Can I practice in India on my return, after MBBS / MD degree or Primary Medical Qualification from Ukraine?
YES. As per the current rules of the Medical Council of India (MCI), you can practice in India. After graduating from Ukraine, you have to appear for a â€œScreening testâ€ conducted by the National Board of Education (NBE), New Delhi. On clearing this test you need to register with the MCI and comply with all their rules and then you will get a Registration which will allow you to practice Medicine in India
- How many times can I appear in the Screening Test?
There is NO LIMIT on the number of Attempts in the Screening Test. A sincere student will pass Screening Test in first attempt. It is a QUALIFYING test similar to class 12 test. It is NOT an ELIMINATION test such as PMT. Note: It is likely that the Screening Test will be administered to ALL students from India, studying in private and government colleges in India, in addition to students from overseas, in order to create a uniform MBBS education competency standard in India. This proposal is on the MCI website see www.mciindia.org
- Can I get a job in Government Hospitals or applied Medical Institutions in India?
YES. After registering with MCI, the Doctor can apply for Government & Private jobs or do his/ her own practice, as the person is now recognized by the Indian Authorities as a Qualified Doctor.
- What kind of Food will I get in Ukraine?
- Students can cook their own food kitchen facilities are available.
- Canteens and restaurants are available in the city and near the University’s premises.
- Establishment of a dedicated low cost canteen serving Indian Food for International students in the Hostel premises is under consideration by the University.
- All food items such as rice, dal, potatoes, tomatoes, flour, pizzas, fruits, spices, tea, milk, butter etc are available for sale in the markets and bazaars.
- Are there any Indian students already studying in Ukraine?
Over 5000 Indian students are already studying MBBS / MD in Ukraine. There are many Indian Boys and girls from India.
- Can I get Bank Loan and to what Extent?
As per RBI regulation Students pursuing education abroad can obtain loan up to Rs.15 Lacs. Visit the local Branch of a nationalized bank to find terms. Amount sanctioned depends on income proof of parents. i.e. Last Three years Income Tax Returns / or Salary Certificate. You will have to satisfy the criteria that the Bank will apply. Visit the local Branches of Nationalized Banks in your area to find out more.
- Can I get help for the Bank Loan from you?
O.E.World can advice you â€“ but the Bank will deal DIRECTLY with you & your Documentation. Visit a Nationalized Bank near your residence, which will then give you its guidelines and terms and conditions.
- Is Ukraine Colleges are listed in the World Health Organization (WHO) Directory?
YES. its listed in WHO Directory of Medical Institutions. WHO publishes a list of Medical Colleges, given by various countries. NOTE: WHO does NOT rank Medical Universities. What WHO does is simply publish the list of Medical Institutes given to it by each Government.
- Can I do Masters or Post Graduation there?
YES. After completion of MBBS degree from India/ Ukraine or any recognized Institute, you can pursue P.G. studies in Ukraine. The QUALITY of Education in Ukraine is very high â€“ as the Institutes teaches not only at the Bachelors â€“ but also the Masters and PhD level.
- Is the Bachelor’s Degree recognized in India and abroad?
YES. The Bachelor’s Degree is recognized in India and in more than 180 countries around the World. Graduates can practice in the following countries after completing formalities as needed by each country:
- India: After clearing a Screening Test conducted by the National Council of Education. The test is held twice a year (last Saturday/ Sunday of September and last Saturday/Sunday of March).
- United Kingdom: After passing the PLAB examination.
- United States of America: After clearing the USMLE.
- European Union (EU): The degree is recognized by the European Union.
Note: In addition to Professional Qualifications, the applicant will have to comply with all other immigration rules of the host country â€“ such as visa, work permits, medical fitness, language etc.
- What is the Currency of Ukraine?
The currency of Ukraine is Hryvna pronounced as Grieve. Approximately 8 Hryvna = 1 US $ = 52 Rs. or 6.5 Rs = 1 Hryvna.
- Is there any entrance examination prior to joining / What is the Admission process? As there are no all India entrance examinations does it mean that the Quality of study is bad?
No CIS country conducts an entrance examination the way it happens in India. Admission is granted on the Basis of class 12 marks and an interview and a competency test. This has been their TRADITION. Just as in India the tradition is an all India Entrance Examination due to India’s huge population and shortage of seats (!!) The population of India is over 110 crores and India has 30,000 medical seats each year. The population of Ukraine is only 5 crores and they have over 15,000 medical seats each year. As explained elsewhere facilities and quality of education imparted in Ukraine are excellent from the Bachelors to the PhD level. Students have to pass annual examinations to be promoted. The standard of education is very high. Class Tests are conducted everyday from Monday to Friday. 100% attendance is needed. Students should be good and hardworking to do well. European Credit Transfer Scheme (ECTS) is followed. The standard of education offered is that of European quality in Ukraine.
- How does one apply for a Passport and what documents would I need?
You need to either Apply for your Passport online and apply. The passport application process is moving online. Visit www.passport.gov.in The website contains the name, address and phone numbers of passport offices all over India. You can submit your application online or via speed post or via a form. In some cases the applications are being received online only. We recommend that you apply for your passport IMMEDIATELY. Fill out the form on the net and you get an appointment date. Visit the passport office and show your documents they keep the photocopies and return the originals. Normally takes SIX to EIGHT weeks to receive a NEW Passport. The following documents are needed for the application of your passport.
- Your birth certificate
- Proof of residence & proof of Identity
- Certificate of educational qualifications
- The Prescribed fee by the Passport office
Visit the following websites for passport application and current information: www.passport.nic.in ,www.passport.gov.in,www.passportindia.gov.in
- Can a student open a bank account in Ukraine?
Yes, a student can open a bank account in Ukraine in his own name and parents can transfer money. Students can also take an international debit card from any bank in India. Parents can deposit money into this account in India and the student can withdraw foreign exchange in Ukraine.
- Does the student have to carry with him bed sheets etc from India?
Hostel supplies student with linen required: i.e. Pillow, bed sheet, warm blankets etc. Student will have to carry with him everyday clothes. Winter Clothes can be purchased there as needed by the Student.
- How long does it require for the Admission procedure to be completed?
- The initial Admission Letter by the University is issued in 10 to 15 working days.
- Thereafter â€“ other documentation is completed subject to production of original papers from the student â€“ such as passport, mark sheets etc. This usually takes 6-8 weeks.
- Student will have to visit Delhi at least once for 4-7 days in the month of August-September to get his/ her visa issued, have a medical test and to comply with documentation with the MCI and other Government agencies.
- What is the cost of doing MBBS from Ukraine is that more expensive than Indian Private Colleges? Quality of Education is Better in Ukraine or in Indian Colleges?
- Fees are Rs 1.80 lacs /year. Private Colleges in Uttar Pradesh charge Rs. 6.1 lacs / year or Rs. 30 lacs as fees. Ukraine is 60-70% CHEAPER than Private Indian Colleges â€“ as it is owned by the Govt. and not by the Private Sector.
- Cost of food + Hostel + Insurance in Ukraine works out to Rs. 90,000 to 1 lac a year â€“ which is similar to the cost in a city in India.
- Ukraine quality of education is MUCH BETTER than most Indian Private & Government. Colleges. They have much better facilities and international collaborations than Indian Medical Institutes.
- Ukraine offers EXCELLENT value for money education for medical students.
- Can my Parent Visit me in Ukraine? Can I travel in my Holidays or stay back in Ukraine ?
- Parents / friends / relatives of students can visit Ukraine. Invitations can be issued from Ukraine to facilitate visa processing in New Delhi.
- There are two holidays in a year. 15 days in January and 2 months in summer (July and August). During holidays â€“ students have the option of staying back there or traveling in Europe or coming back to India to spend time with their family.
- How is living in Ukraine and Is it Safe?
Ukraine is a former part of the USSR. It is primarily a Christian Dominated Country with over 95% of the population being Christian. It has good law and order and security in place. Ukraine is trying for European Union (EU) membership. There is a large contingent of Indian students in Ukraine. Students have a comfortable and pleasant stay.
- What are the facilities in the Hostel:
- Washing machine
- Hot water
- Free electric stoves for cooking
- Change of bed sheets every 2-3 weeks for free
- Free Electricity
- Security guard
- Hostel Dean
- High Speed Internet with 10 mbps speed. Cost approx Rs. 600 a month.